geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suggestion for tomcat builder, was Re: jetty-deployer branch will be merged back to trunk shortly
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:22:59 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> I've been thinking about tomcat a bit, even though I know nothing
> whatsoever about what's inside:-)

So do I! :)

> The jetty builder really doesn't do anything jetty specific any more
> (except construct one set of redundant security info, that Alan and I
> are hoping to figure out a way to remove).  So, it might be possible to
> reuse the jetty builder for tomcat.

Sounds excellent.

>  To do this we would need, for tomcat,
>
> gbean for web application (JettyWebAppJACCContext)

It's already done - not yet finished, but works. It's in
TomcatWebAppContext. I'm reviewing Jeff's changes pertaining to
security, so it may be that JAAC counterpart is also done.

> gbean for servlet (JettyServletHolder)
> gbean for filter (JettyFilterHolder)
> gbean for filter mapping (JettyFilterMapping)

These look fairly easy to implement as I think they should differ from
the Jetty ones. I'll be looking into it.

> (I've put the jetty oriented gbean classes in for reference).
>
> If the tomcat versions of these gbeans had the same attributes and
> references as the jetty ones, the only difference would be the classes
> to get the GBeanData objects from.  This is easy to parameterize.

I keep focused on the features to see how far we can go with it.

> david jencks

Jacek