geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat Module Still Broken
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:05:58 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Currently there is only one deployer slot available for each module
> type of an EAR.  The following snippit from the  shows the EAR deployer
> configuration
>
> <gbean  name="geronimo.deployer:role=Builder,type=EAR,config=org/apache/
> geronimo/J2EEDeployer"
>         class="org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder">
>     <reference name="EJBConfigBuilder">some:object=name</reference>
>     <reference name="WebConfigBuilder">some:object=name</reference>
>     <reference  name="ConnectorConfigBuilder">some:object=name</reference>
>     <reference  name="AppClientConfigBuilder">some:object=name</reference>
> </gbean>
>
> I strongly suggest that we only run one servlet engine in Geronimo.
> Both Tomcat and Jetty are pretty large, so I think we should have
> separate distributions for them.  Of course this would be easier if I
> had moved assembly last weekend.

It means that I can't deploy a module to both containers and run only
one, doesn't it? If so, a user has to decide ahead if (s)he wants to run
tomcat or jetty, before deployment takes place, right? I've noticed that
the order of deployer entries in the j2ee-deployer plan does matter,
i.e. when there're two web deployers defined in the plan, the later
wins. Is it always true? Do you know about a solution to not force a
user to comment or uncomment a gbean configuration for a web builder?

> -dain

Jacek