geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat Module Still Broken
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:21:08 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>
>>I didn't know about that as well as I did not see anybody reported this
>>:( Do you know how to work it out as the idea is to build Tomcat outside
>>of the assembly module? Do you think that creating a flag in the
>>assembly module to build Tomcat would work?
>

> 	What do you mean "the idea is to build Tomcat"?  Maven should
> create a geronimo-tomcat JAR, which can then be included in the assembly
> repository by uncommenting the dependency in assembly/project.xml.  What
> is it in addition to that that you're trying to accomplish with the
> deployer?

Thanks Aaron! You made me think about it a bit more and I think I found
it :) I thought Geronimo can only have one deployer that can handle a
type (war, ejb, rar, ear, etc.). So, the idea was to comment one of them
- either Jetty or Tomcat builder. However, I think that Geronimo can
host two web module deployers, but the web servers (Jetty and Tomcat)
will have to listen on two different ports. It should  really work,
shouldn't it? Let me try it out....

(after a while)

No, no, it won't probably work. It is because while deploying a module,
it's serialized with information what container will deploy it (the
module has a reference to the given-at-deployment JMX query string), so
either it will be overwritten (the later wins) or at deployment the
later won't be invoked at all.

I will definitely have to take a look at the code.

> Aaron

Jacek