geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat Module Still Broken
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:00:55 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	If you try a "maven -o m:rebuild-all" then you'll get the
> following error in the Tomcat module:
>
>     [echo] Deploying Apache Tomcat configuration
>     [java] Unable to access jarfile
> /data/cvs/geronimo/modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/deployer.jar
>
> 	This is because the Tomcat module builds before assembly, so the
> deployer has not been built at the time the Tomcat module is built and
> tries to access the deployer.  This is the same problem that's been there
> for ages.

I didn't know about that as well as I did not see anybody reported this
:( Do you know how to work it out as the idea is to build Tomcat outside
of the assembly module? Do you think that creating a flag in the
assembly module to build Tomcat would work?

> 	I'm removing the Tomcat dependency from the assembly module since
> the Tomcat build is broken (and in fact it's already commented out of the
> multiproject build!), which means the assembly module otherwise
> auto-fails.

Hmm, the Tomcat dependency were commented out just because it breaks the
build *and* (what's even more important) for people who are interested
in trying it out - running Tomcat inside Geronimo. They could only
uncomment it and voila - give it a try. Now, they'll have to read the
wiki page, which may become unreadable and maintaining it may be cumbersome.

I do see a solution for it, but it requires to touch the assembly module
(which I didn't mean to do because making mistake there breaks everything).

Do you know about any other possible solution?

> 	Aaron

Jacek