geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <jlaskow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove assembly from main build?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 19:40:47 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Ah for got about that idea :)  For those that are forgetful like me:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?
> listName=dev@geronimo.apache.org&msgNo=10243
>
> So how about we instead move geronimo/modules/assembly to
> geronimo/distributions/standard, which will leave then name "assembly"
> open to the individual configuration modules when we have a tool that
> can build the configurations one by one.

It's definitely gained my +1. Since I'm again working on the tomcat
module and its builder I'm always frustrated to see how long it takes to
build assembly module just to pick up my changes to tomcat builder. It's
almost 1 minute! ;) If we could squeeze that time in a half it would be
great (I guess others aren't so lucky to see assembly done in 1 minute).

Also, I like Jeremy's idea about different configurations as Maven
dependencies. I see the idea, but don't know how to code it :(

> -dain

Jacek