geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: How to turn on logging?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:50:14 GMT
I just started up my server and got lots of debug messages printed to

If you want debug messages on the console change this line in

You won't see these messages until the Log4jService loads in the
org/apache/geronimo/System configuration.

Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect
Gluecode Software
310.536.8355, ext. 26

On Dec 2, 2004, at 12:31 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been unable to turn on logging of Geronimo. How can I enable it
> so that log.debug() is printed out on the console. I looked at var/log
> configuration files, but none seemed to influence the way the messages
> were printed out :( The only way I could see what's going on what to
> run JPDA and attach to Geronimo remotely.
> There're a thread about an IoCish approach to introduce a log
> parameter to GBeans. Is it done? I tried referencing Log4jService, but
> that's not this, right? BTW, What is Log4jService for?
> Jacek

View raw message