geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Build/Test failed
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 19:41:20 GMT

On Dec 8, 2004, at 11:27 AM, Hari Kodungallur wrote:

> I did a maven m:co a couple of days back and I do a maven m:update
> before I build. I did not specifically check whether the two modules
> (tanql and openejb) are in sync. I assume, m:update gets the latest
> source for both the modules and that they are in sync. Is that a safe
> assumption?

yes

> There are three tests that fails with FATAL. All of them have the same
> exception shown below. The tests are in BmpTestSuite, CmpTestSuite and
> Cmp2TestSuite.
>
> 20:56:45,758 FATAL [EjbRequestHandler] Invocation result object is not
> serializable: org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedSQLException
> java.io.NotSerializableException:
> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.TableName
>         at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1054)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeArray(ObjectOutputStream.java:1224)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1050)
>         at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:
> 1332)

very odd -- these usually aren't a problem, they are usually the result
of trying to delete a non-existent table, and are ignored.  The not
serializable exception is masking the contents of the actual sql
exception that hopefully explains what is going wrong.  Derby has fixed
this problem, I guess we haven't updated our derby version yet.

I'm not sure what to try next since I don't see the same problem.  I'd
guess the best next step would be to get a more recent derby snapshot
into the openejb repo and used by the build.  This might take a  little
while.

anyone else have an idea?

thanks
david jencks