geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Mark DONAGHY <pmdgeron...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Fresh Geronimo build successfull on Fedora Core 2, JDK1.4, Maven 1.0
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:30:17 GMT
Dear communtity,

I was having lots of problems with my CVS tree which
included openejb and geronimo. These were both being
updated from cvs using cvs_root arguments which are
quite old. Nothing worked in jdk1.5 or jdk1.4, so I
scrapped it all and took a look at the latest
"Building - Apache Geronimo Wiki". Things have changed
quite a lot since I last tried building this. But why
do these old cvs repositories still exist?

:pserver:anonymous@cvs.openejb.org:/home/projects/openejb/scm
 module openejb
:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic module
incubator-geronimo

It was a surprise to see that all the source code is
integrated into the geronimo directory but I guess
that this was done to resolve reverse dependencies
that we were seeing 6 months ago.

I am using Fedora Core 2 and subversion seemed to be
key so I downloaded the 1.1.2 source tarball and built
it myself using "./configure" "make" and "make
install". There are no Fedora releases on tigris and
building it assured compatibility with my system.

The first time around I got some
OutOfMemoryExceptions.

$ set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m
$ maven m:rebuild -o

The second time around I got some more
OutOfMemoryExceptions.

$ set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx1024m
$ maven m:rebuild -Dmaven.test.skip=true
-Dmaven.itest.skip=true

All was working after appox. 2 hours. Most of this
time was lost using my old cvs tree and in compile
time. So I wrote this email to help other Fedora
geronimo users.

The server and debug tool worked as described on the
wiki. I would like to try to build using jkd1.5 is
this known to work?

Thanks,
Phil

=====
Fedora Core, Debian, Mandrake, Apache, XmlBeans, Castor, Jakarta, Andromda, Firefox, Eclipse,
Struts, Ant, Maven, Codehaus, Geronimo