geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hari Kodungallur <hkodungal...@spikesource.com>
Subject LoginModule question.
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 04:40:15 GMT
Hi,

First of all, happy new year everyone!

Now, my question.

I am trying to deploy a login module that we wrote. At the time of
deployment, the classloader can not find the Login Module class and
throws a ClassNotFoundException. I think I am not understanding
something here. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can tell me
point me to the mistakes that I am making.

Basically I am deploying a web app, with an authentication filter. It
needs a login module called SampleJDBC, which would look like this:

 SampleJDBC {
    auth.MyLoginModule required debug=true ...<options>...
 };

auth.MyLoginModule is present in WEB-INF/classes.

My geronimo-jetty.xml has the following:

<gbean name="geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=SampleJDBC"
           class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.LoginModuleGBean">
  <attribute name="loginModuleClass" type="java.lang.String">
           auth.MyLoginModule
  </attribute>
  <attribute name="options" type="java.util.Properties">
        ....<options>....
  </attribute>
  <attribute name="serverSide" type="boolean">true</attribute>
  <attribute name="loginDomainName" type="java.lang.String">
        SampleJDBC
  </attribute>
</gbean>

<gbean name="geronimo.security:type=SecurityRealm,realm=SampleJDBC"
       class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm">
  <attribute name="realmName"type="java.lang.String">
       SampleJDBC
  </attribute>
  <attribute name="loginModuleConfiguration"type="java.util.Properties">

LoginModule.1.REQUIRED=geronimo.security:type=LoginModule,name=SampleJDBC
  </attribute>
  <reference name="ServerInfo">
     geronimo.system:role=ServerInfo
  </reference>
  <attribute name="autoMapPrincipalClasses" type="java.lang.String">
         auth.MyPrincipal
  </attribute>
</gbean>

                                                   <gbean name="geronimo.security:type=ConfigurationEntry,jaasId=myTest"
          class="org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.ServerRealmConfigurationEntry">
  <attribute name="applicationConfigName" type="java.lang.String">
   myTest
  </attribute>
  <attribute name="realmName" type="java.lang.String">
    SampleJDBC
  </attribute>
</gbean>

The exception is ClassNotFoundException: auth.MyLoginModule

and it happens at

org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.JaasLoginModuleConfiguration.getLoginModule(JaasLoginModuleConfiguration.java:65)

I have tried, with no luck, jar-ing the classes and then providing a
<dependency> in the geronimo-jetty.xml. We do use Spring, but I am not
sure whether that could be the problem, since this problems seems to be
happening when trying to initialize the realm.

Thanks very much!
-Hari