geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: How can I get a reference collection from a GBean?
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:44:06 GMT
On Dec 21, 2004, at 11:34 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

>> From: Jeremy Boynes [mailto:jeremy@boynes.com]
>>
>> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>> Here's a use case.  Let's say that I have a management console that
> is
>>> managing a GBean.  There are times when it would be nice to see what
> is
>>> in its collection of references.
>>>

>> Wouldn't that be a static snapshot - you would't want the content
>> changing as the UI page was rendering.
>
> That would work for me but, if a GBean was removed from the collection
> would I really want to render it?  Is that scenario likely in a
> management console?

That doesn't happen.  When you call iterator() on a reference
collection, you get an iterator over a snapshot of the collection, so
there is no chance it can change over during your work.  This was a
necessary change given that the reference collection *is* modified by

I like this idea.  The next question is how should we implement this? A
lot of ideas pop into my mind but I'd like to know what you think first
:)

-dain