geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject How to start a plan from the Code
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:45:55 GMT
I am trying to bring up few Gbeans from plan; I am trying to use
following code.

        ReadOnlyRepository repository = new ReadOnlyRepository(new
File("temp"));
        ServiceConfigBuilder scb = new ServiceConfigBuilder(null,repository);

        File plan = new File("plan1.xml");
        ConfigurationDocument configurationDoc =
ConfigurationDocument.Factory.parse(plan.toURL());
        File temp = new File("new");

        ConfigurationType conf = configurationDoc.getConfiguration();
        List confs = scb.buildConfiguration(conf,null,temp);
        URI uri = new URI(conf.getConfigId());
----------------------> Point A

        kernel.startConfiguration(temp.toURI());
        kernel.stopConfiguration(temp.toURI());

1) when I run the code the kernel not seem to know about the
configuration I created at point A, Is there something missing and any
way to improve this code?

2) Actually I need to get up J2EE continer, OpenEJB and Jetty
Contianers up using plans from the code. I think there are plans
created already (I think it is in assembly) what are the plans I
should load to get that three contianers up and in what order.
Thanks
Srinath

p.s. my plan

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment"
    configId="test/plan1">
     <!-- Use the default deployer -->
    <gbean name="test:axis=gb1" class="GBean1">
        <attribute name="attribute1">Hi</attribute>
        <attribute name="attribute2"
type="java.lang.String">geronimo.server:j2eeType=J2EEServer,name=geronimo</attribute>
    </gbean>
</configuration>