geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Nabbefeld <Peter.Nabbef...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: M3 does not start
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:05:33 GMT
Aaron Mulder schrieb:

> Peter,
> 	That's not so easy -- neither changing the default Jetty port nor
> disabling Jetty.  You need to either build a new server configuration for
> yourself (replace the org/apache/geronimo/Server configuration) or edit
> the details of that configuration via JMX changes at runtime.  We don't
> give you the source you need to do the first with the milestone (though
> you can get it from the SVN repository), and as far as I know we don't
> give you a good tool to make runtime JMX changes.

I've noticed two serialized objects in config-store/4 - do they also
contain the jetty config? Or is the information included in
org.mortbay.jetty-5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar?

In the first case, it should be easy to implement a tool (implied there
is enough time ;-) ). In the second, there will be needed a patch to
access configuration data either from serialized or xml data (last one
preferred).

BTW: I don't believe JMX would be a good idea to (initially) change port
data, as this would make it impossible to install Geronimo into a "life"
environment - You cannot force the admin to shutdown a probably large
web site to install geronimo.

> 	We're hoping to provide some more robust management tools and
> configuration procedures in the next milestone release.  In the mean time,
> let me know if you're interested in the "manual procedure" for altering
> your default server configuration.

IMO, this is definitly the wrong way. If I'm succesful with some tools,
I'd prefer to supply them back. However, please don't wait for them, as
I'm not got much spare time currently.

Kind regards

Peter