geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Installer For Geronimo M3
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:42:54 GMT
	I've been playing around with a free install tool (IzPack), and I
have an installer package for the M3 release (of the "java -jar
installer.jar" type).  Importantly, it lets you choose your username,
password, and network ports during the installation.  As a side effect, it
leaves your server deployment plans in a subdir after installation, which
may help you reconfigure the server later.

	I'd like a couple people to try this out and give me some feedback
-- however, I don't know how to distribute it.  It's 24MB, wihch seems too
big to post on the Wiki, and I don't have permissions on the dist
directory on cvs.apache.org where the rest of the M3 packages are.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
	Aaron