geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: M3 does not start
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:16:34 GMT
	I hadn't thought of the problem of configuring the ports if
there's something running on them that you're unable to shut down.
	It would be interesting to provide a tool that does nothing but
let you adjust the default network ports -- that could be used by (for
example) a graphical installer to let you customize the installation.
	An alternative would be for a fancier installer to actually
perform the plan deployments that are currently done by the assembly
module; it would take a bit longer, but let you customize any of the
settings during installation.  That might be better, if a little longer to
run.

Aaron