geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Done with Deployer for now
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 02:57:44 GMT
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> How do unpacked archives work? Do you just jar them up or are you
> creating a configuration that points back to the source?

	I don't actually know -- the APIs take a File, and they don't barf
if that File happens to be a directory, so...  I just let the server-side
Deployer component manage it.  I thought it would copy the contents into
the config-store one way or the other, but I haven't looked too closely.

	It will be cool once the servlet JSR-88 implementation is
available.  I think we can just create a JarOutputStream and stream a JAR
to the server without ever building it on disk.  No doubt it will still
take a while for a 100MB archive, but that'll just be an excuse to figure
out the command-line manipulations like Maven does to show you the
progress.  :)

Aaron