geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: M3 on Wednesday?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:51:32 GMT
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, David Blevins wrote:
> Here is the filter settings you should use to create the "Unfinished"
> section of the changelog:
>
> Project: Apache Geronimo
> Fix Version/s: No versions
> Affects Version/s: 1.0-M1,1.0-M2
> Sorted by:  Key descending

	I think I mentioned this before, but I was hoping to cover this
with text instead of specific issue ID's.  There are too many of them, and
many are internal-use-only (not real meaningful to an end user).  But that
is a good query to get this list that I need to summarize as text.

> Don't sweat the binary work.  I've got a few hacked up scripts to
> tar,zip, md5, sha, pgp, and scp the source and binary distros.

	Cool.

> Though after all this is over, I would *love* get your help in
> converting them to jelly/maven so it would be easy for any of us to cut
> a release.  I'd also like to automate the creation of the changelog.  I
> have part of a stylesheet for it, but nothing working.

	Well, you're really asking the wrong guy for help with
Jelly/Maven.  I spend 10N hours confused, frustrated, and griping for
every N hours of productivity when working with them.

	The change log automation would be cool.  Does JIRA have any kind
of API or would we really need to screen scrape?

Aaron