geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Forthcoming Security Changes
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 03:08:50 GMT
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	We will attempt to do this without breaking backward compatibility
> with the security realm API for now, though the security realm
> configuration in the deployment plans will need to change a bit, and we're
> going to mark the getXXXPrincipal() methods of the security realms as
> deprecated (to be removed after M3, perhaps for M4).

	Okay, I spoke in haste.  I don't think we're actually going to
make the realm interface fully backward compatible, but we're going to try
to smooth the transition by not changing the interface *very much*.  For
example, it will now return an array of login modules configurations
instead of just one, so it supports multiple login modules, and some
things such as the local-ness will be configured instead of hardcoded in
the default implementation...

Aaron