geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: online and offline deployment
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:04:48 GMT
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> If someone implements this (dealing, of course, with all the nasties)
> then all the better; in fact, IIRC there is some old scanning code of
> mine lying around in the repo somewhere.
>
> However, due to the technical issues I would still not advocate scanning
> as being the recommended way of "deploying" an application into Geronimo.

	Right.  This I agree with 100%.  I am fine with recommending
external plans and online deployment tools.  I just believe we should be
willing to support the old style too.

	I believe David took a somewhat firmer position than you:

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, David Jencks wrote:
> I don't think "drop, wait & wonder" hot deployment should be supported.

	That's what I was objecting to.  Supported, yes; recommended, no.

Aaron