geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] M3 pre ApacheCon
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:11:18 GMT
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, David Jencks wrote:
> I'm not exactly ready to vote -1, but I think we should resolve these
> issues before M3:
>
> 1. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-386 Make cmp work with
> derby.  Prove it with the itests
>
> 2. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-402 finish separating
> deployment code and runtime code.  We've been operating with this
> architectural mistake long enough.

	I guess #1 is a bigger issue.  In the face of #186 (no EJB QL
support) and #448 (OpenEJB itests won't even start on JDK 1.5), I don't
think we can credibly claim to support CMP in M3.  I think it's a "we've
made some good progress" milestone, not a "feature-complete" milestone.  I
would be really unhappy to generate some excitement at ApacheCon and have
only the M2 release for anyone who's not willing to fight their way
through the build on their own.

	That said, if someone can address 386 in the next day or two that
would be great.  I'd like to try to cut the M3 release by Wednesday, so we
have some time to check it for major disasters before (people start
travelling on) Friday.

Aaron