geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Vote: Remove old deployer, rename new deployer
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:35:01 GMT
	I'd like to remove the current "deployer.jar" tool, remove the
command-line processing logic from the Deployer class, rename
"new-deployer.jar" to "deployer.jar" and change the bootstrapper to build
the new one instead of the old one.  Currently there are two so we'd have
some sort of transition (fallback in case of problems), but since the
build script is pretty much only using the new one now, there are some
NPE's in the old one, and no one seems to have had any problems with the
new one, I'd like to go ahead and eliminate the old one.

	Please indicate whether you agree.

Thanks,
	Aaron