geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Questionable JIRA Issues
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:26:37 GMT
	I've gone through the open JIRA issues in expectation of a new
release.  There are some issues that I suspect might be outdated and/or
fixed, but I don't know for sure.  Can you look over this list and reply
or update any of the issues you are familiar with?

Thanks,
	Aaron

APPLICATION CLIENT
------------------
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-213
J2EE 1.4 Application Client (JSR 151) support
 -- we have a client container now, right?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-218  ()
UserTransaction access from App Client Container
 -- can clients in container access a UserTransaction yet?

BUILDSYSTEM
-----------
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-406  ()
Move assembly out of modules
 -- is this still necessary?  isn't the non-uberbuild working now?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-304  (David B)
Nightly build/test on Windows
 -- don't we have this now?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-303  (David B)
Nightly build/test on Mac OS X
 -- don't we have this now?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-302  (David B)
Nightly build/test on FreeBSD
 -- not sure about BSD

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-301  (David B)
Nightly build/test on Linux
 -- alright, I forget which platforms David actually has covered

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-396  (Jeremy)
Transient failure to install configuration on WinXP/JDK1.5
 -- Is this still an issue?

CONNECTORS
----------
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-306  ()
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-374  (David J)
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-268  (David J)
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-434  (David J)
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-250  (David J)

 -- David J, can you confirm that these should all still be open?

CORE
----
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-143  (Jeremy)
Automatic SQL Generation for CMP Deployment Phase
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-140  (Jeremy)
Support Database Level Automatic Key Generation under CMP 2.0 with Nova
 -- I suspect these are no longer applicable due to recent CMP changes

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-155  (Alan)
(Improvements to XML resolving to make offline builds better)
 -- This is a very old patch, I wonder if it's still applicable

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-115  (Jeremy)
Partial Test classes for o.a.g.client
 -- Jeremy was going to revisit this patch after some rewriting
 -- which I think has now happened, but my guess would be that
 -- the changes are too extensive

DEPLOYMENT
----------
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-296  ()
waitForStarted goal on Windows (WRT Maven install on path w/spaces)
 -- Can a Windows user confirm whether this is still an issue?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-258  (Jeremy)
SAXParseException: Attribute "xmlns" must be declared for element type
"web-app"
 -- I haven't seen this error before; I think this can be closed

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-260  (Gianny)
NullPointerException deploying EAR files
 -- This is a quick and relevant patch.  If the problem still
 -- exists then it should be applied, and the issue closed either way

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-264  (Dain/Alan)
exceptions being swallowed (or out of order) at startup
 -- Not clear if some/all of this patch has been applied, but it
 -- sounds like it's worth a review

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-261  (Gianny)
NullPointerException deploying EAR jetty module
 -- Is this still a problem?  Should be easy to fix

GENERAL
-------
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-373  (Alan)
Percolate errors from SocketProtocol up the stack
 -- submitter says it can be closed, but I'd like Alan to confirm

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-254  (Dain)
ServerInfo is too darned useful
 -- wasn't something done on ServerInfo recently?

OPENEJB
-------
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-175  (Alan)
Web to EJB security integration
 -- might be working now?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-194  ()
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-429  (Gianny)
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-195  ()
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-142  (Jeremy)
 -- are all these CMP issues still relevant?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-186  ()
EJB-QL support
 -- is this still missing?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-228  (David B)
EJB 2.1 Home methods
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-188  ()
Entity instance caching
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-181  ()
Transaction propogation accross calls to stateful session beans
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-192  (Dain)
ejbSelect method support
 -- are these issues still relevant?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-360  ()
wrong tx policy for at least StatefulSession ejbCreate method
 -- not currently causing an itest failure; does that mean it's fixed?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-172  ()
EJB 2.1 ServiceEndpoint interface support
 -- I assume from Axis conversations this is not yet fixed, but
 -- probably ought to be assigned (to dims?)

WEB
---
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-116  (Jeremy)
Cannot undeploy .WAR files in windows
 -- is this still a problem?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-395  ()
Error for /blojsom/: java.lang.StackOverflowError
 -- Can someone try this with latest version of that app from SF
 -- and the current Jetty snapshot?

WEBSERVICES
-----------
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-269  ()
webservice deployment with ews
 -- it looks like some patches here have been applied
 -- are there still outstanding bits?

GENERAL
-------
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-153  ()
Geronimo-service.xml Schema and corresponing Tests
 -- Looks like this was applied by Jeremy, want to confirm

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-232  ()
The ${geronimo.home}/config-store should be created if missing prior to
deployment.
 -- Is this still an issue?

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-241  ()
GBean proxy code could use improvement