geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject New Deployer
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 05:41:42 GMT
	The new deployer is in.  It's bin/new-deployer.jar in the assembly
module.  I've updated the assembly maven.xml to build and use the new one
instead of the old one for building the server (but the old one is still
there, for new).
	To get the basics on the new deployer, run:

java -jar bin/new-deployer.jar

	For help on connectivity options:

java -jar bin/new-deployer.jar help options

	For help on a command:

java -jar bin/new-deployer.jar help [command]

	For help on all commands:

java -jar bin/new-deployer.jar help all

	Currently, JSR-88 deployment to a running server on the same
machine works, and the old deployer functions of "distribute" (old
--install) and "package" (old --outfile) work when the server is not
running.  I believe this essentially covers all the functionality
of the old deployer plus new online deployment options.

	I've run "maven -o jar:deploy" to update the revisions to the
repository.  I hope that will be enough to get OpenEJB to build with the
new deployer too.  If not, let me know what I need to do.

Aaron