geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject SVN Branches
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:11:23 GMT
	Is there a way to branch a few files or directories and leave the
rest of the server tracking with the trunk?

	For example, if I wanted to branch security or deployment, in such
a way that you could check out my branch and get the most current versions
of everything, except my versions of security or deployment.

	The best I've heard is to branch everything, apply my changes, and
then continually merge changes from trunk to branch.  This has 2 problems:

1) I have to keep track of the last trunk rev I merged to the branch so
that next time I can only merge from that point to the current rev

2) I have to resolve conflicts in my branched code, if there were any
trunk changes to that

Thanks,
	Aaron