geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Deployment Status
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:07:59 GMT
	I talked to Jeremy.  Our plan for now is that I will check in a
deployer tool that includes the following features:

 - everything, when working online (on the same PC as the server)
 - package and distribute, when working offline (on the same PC)
 - nothing, when working online (on a different PC from the server)

	This is basically the same functionality in the current
deployer.jar tool, plus online same-PC deployment via JSR-88.

	Jeremy is going to write up a "position paper" regarding
additional offline deployer features when he gets a chance (next couple of
days?).  He has concerns about the original vision of a single unified
offline+online tool.  (We should spend some time on this at the Hackathon
if it's not resolved sooner.)

	Jeremy is also working on the remote-PC JSR-88 implementation, and
the tool will be updated to work with that once it's ready.

Aaron