geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject LoginDomains and automapping
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 04:24:11 GMT
I think that we should return the realm principals as well for all the same reasons that we
have realm principals in the first place.

Just a heads up on the context manager.  I'm correnty reworking it to clean it up and include
interop.

Regards,
Alan

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Aaron Mulder [mailto:ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu]
	Sent: Mon 11/22/2004 9:26 PM
	To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
	Subject: Overview of Latest Security Changes

	<snip>list o great work</snip>

	I also changed the login service so it returns principals generated by
	server-side login modules to the client and the JaasLoginCoordinator puts
	them into the Subject (not RealmPrincipals, though).  This is controlled
	by a new GBean attribute on the realm.  Note that the J2EE containers will
	still need to call ContextManager.getServerSideSubject in order to get the
	RealmPrincipals -- though we may want to handle that "automagically" in
	the JaasLoginCoordinator when it is actually run on the server side.

	Finally, I added a simple auditing login module and some tests with two
	login modules in place.

	Aaron