geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Questionable JIRA Issues
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:51:54 GMT
On Nov 5, 2004, at 1:26 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	I've gone through the open JIRA issues in expectation of a new
> release.  There are some issues that I suspect might be outdated and/or
> fixed, but I don't know for sure.  Can you look over this list and
> reply
> or update any of the issues you are familiar with?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Aaron
>

> APPLICATION CLIENT
> ------------------
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-213
> J2EE 1.4 Application Client (JSR 151) support
>  -- we have a client container now, right?

This is the parent of all app client issues, so when the children are
complete we will close this and call app client complete.

> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-218  ()
> UserTransaction access from App Client Container
>  -- can clients in container access a UserTransaction yet?

I don't think so.  David Jencks may have added this, but I didn't.

> BUILDSYSTEM
> -----------
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-406  ()
> Move assembly out of modules
>  -- is this still necessary?  isn't the non-uberbuild working now?

Yes.  It isn't really a module.

> CORE
> ----
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-143  (Jeremy)
> Automatic SQL Generation for CMP Deployment Phase
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-140  (Jeremy)
> Support Database Level Automatic Key Generation under CMP 2.0 with Nova
>  -- I suspect these are no longer applicable due to recent CMP changes

I'm fairly sure that these are old, but when I get back to working on
these issues I expect I'll swipe some code from these patches.

> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-155  (Alan)
> (Improvements to XML resolving to make offline builds better)
>  -- This is a very old patch, I wonder if it's still applicable

I think we need to ask Kristian Koehler about this one.

> DEPLOYMENT
> ----------
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-260  (Gianny)
> NullPointerException deploying EAR files
>  -- This is a quick and relevant patch.  If the problem still
>  -- exists then it should be applied, and the issue closed either way

I think this one still needs to be applied.

> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-264  (Dain/Alan)
> exceptions being swallowed (or out of order) at startup
>  -- Not clear if some/all of this patch has been applied, but it
>  -- sounds like it's worth a review

I'm going to apply this one soon.

> GENERAL
> -------
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-254  (Dain)
> ServerInfo is too darned useful
>  -- wasn't something done on ServerInfo recently?

I'm going to do this for M4.

> OPENEJB
> -------
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-194  ()
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-429  (Gianny)
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-195  ()
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-142  (Jeremy)
>  -- are all these CMP issues still relevant?

Yes

> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-186  ()
> EJB-QL support
>  -- is this still missing?

Yes

> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-228  (David B)
> EJB 2.1 Home methods
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-188  ()
> Entity instance caching
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-181  ()
> Transaction propogation accross calls to stateful session beans
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-192  (Dain)
> ejbSelect method support
>  -- are these issues still relevant?

Yes

> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-360  ()
> wrong tx policy for at least StatefulSession ejbCreate method
>  -- not currently causing an itest failure; does that mean it's fixed?

Yes this is fixed.

> WEB
> ---
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-116  (Jeremy)
> Cannot undeploy .WAR files in windows
>  -- is this still a problem?

Yes.  Windows URLClassLoader problems

> GENERAL
> -------
> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-232  ()
> The ${geronimo.home}/config-store should be created if missing prior to
> deployment.
>  -- Is this still an issue?

Yes. Line 108 of LocalConfigStore

     if (!rootDir.isDirectory()) {
         throw new FileNotFoundException("Store root does not exist or
is not a directory: " + rootDir);
     }

> http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-241  ()
> GBean proxy code could use improvement