geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <dblev...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] M3 pre ApacheCon
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:48:27 GMT

On Nov 3, 2004, at 1:02 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	I think the package modules/assembly/target/geronimo-xyz.jar is
> basically what we need to distribute, though I guess we want to wait
> for
> Dain to resolve the issue with a hardcoded directory location saved in
> the ServerInfo.
>
> 	I'm assuming most of the work is in assembling the release notes
> and stuff.

If you guys can help cleanup the Jira for creation of the release
notes, that would be incredibly helpful.  Most the time is spent there.

Here are some instructions:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.geronimo.devel/6459

Additionally, no item should have it's Affects Version and it's Fix
Version as the same.  We treat Affects Version as "Where the problem
exists" and Fix Version as "Where the problem was fixed."  The Affects
Version should be the release id in which the problem first existed
(M1, M2).

The biggest thing is there is typically a lot of scm activity that
isn't reflected in our Jira, so people should go through that add items
for anything that was checked in but not added to Jira.

-David