geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject change: ServerInfo baseDirectory
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:22:16 GMT
The addition of GBean persistence has revealed a problem in ServerInfo
(http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-431).  The problem is
that normally we guess the location of the geronimo home directory, and
this location is saved as an absolute path during gbean persistence.
This means that if an admin were to boot a geronimo install in a
directory they would never be able to move the install.

The real cause of this problem is we have no place to save a
user-set-home-directory that is different from the
working-home-directory (the one we guessed when the user set home
directory is null).

The fix for this I have implemented is have the getBaseDirectory to
return only the user-set-base-directory, which in a normal case this
method return null.  This does not cause any code in geronimo, openejb,
activemq to break, because all of these modules use one of the resolve
methods on ServerInfo directly instead of trying to resolve paths
themselves.

For anyone using, ServerInfo in a GBean not inside of geronimo, you
will need to check for uses if getBaseDirectory or
Kernel.getAttribute("baseDirectory").

I'll be checking this in shortly....

-dain

--