geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Conceptual problem with security auto-mapping?
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 04:15:30 GMT
Looking at this again, I have a proposal.  The problem with putting the
automap functionality in a different place is that there is still no
good way to make it available at deployment time: you should be able to
deploy a new kind of realm easily without adding more stuff to the
builder configuration.  So, keeping the info in the realm seems like a
good idea.

Looking at what the info is, it's just a few strings and a boolean:
realm name, default principal class name, default principal name, run
as, and a set of principal class names.  We can put all of these in as
persistent properties.  This means we set them explicitly in the gbean
config, which is less convenient and much more error prone than coding
them, but they will be available at deployment time.

I wonder if we would want to support some kind of "constant" attributes
whose values are configured permanently in the GBeanInfo?

thanks
david jencks