geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <dblev...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: M3 on Wednesday?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:16:11 GMT

On Nov 8, 2004, at 3:51 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, David Blevins wrote:
>> Here is the filter settings you should use to create the "Unfinished"
>> section of the changelog:
>>
>> Project: Apache Geronimo
>> Fix Version/s: No versions
>> Affects Version/s: 1.0-M1,1.0-M2
>> Sorted by:  Key descending
>
> 	I think I mentioned this before, but I was hoping to cover this
> with text instead of specific issue ID's.  There are too many of them,
> and
> many are internal-use-only (not real meaningful to an end user). But
> that
> is a good query to get this list that I need to summarize as text.

We should come up with a way to filter those out or use more "unbrella"
issues in Jira so we don't have to tweak them by hand.

>> Though after all this is over, I would *love* get your help in
>> converting them to jelly/maven so it would be easy for any of us to
>> cut
>> a release.  I'd also like to automate the creation of the changelog.
>> have part of a stylesheet for it, but nothing working.
>
> 	Well, you're really asking the wrong guy for help with
> Jelly/Maven.  I spend 10N hours confused, frustrated, and griping for
> every N hours of productivity when working with them.

Same here.  That's why it's all in bash now and tied to my system.
Looks like Bruce is willing to chip in here.

> 	The change log automation would be cool.  Does JIRA have any kind
> of API or would we really need to screen scrape?

Yes, xml output for any filter.  The "Work completed this week" email I
send out is done with a stylesheet using XML straight from Jira.  We
should be able to do the same thing with the release notes.

-David