geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject jsr-77 names and configuration portability
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:46:35 GMT
Right now the complete jsr-77 object name for each component is
determined when the module/application is "deployed" or turned into a
configuration.  I don't think this is really the most useful behavior.
I think that the domain and server components of the object name should
be determined by where it is deployed.

In particular, and for both non-j2ee and j2ee modules,:

1. a service module/dd with no parent id should specify domain and
server.  I think it might be debatable whether this should be
necessarily hardcoded in the dd or with an option to specify on kernel
startup, perhaps as command line switches.

2. anything else gets domain and server from its parent when the
configuration is started.

3. j2ee modules/applications must have a parent.

Comments?

thanks
david jencks