geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: [BULK] Re: Logging problems
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:25:44 GMT
On Nov 10, 2004, at 3:49 AM, David Farb wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>
>> What are the repercussions for existing users?
>
> Speaking as one (1) existing user, it means I have to rip out things
> that were working (log4j.xml, system-plan.xml, and daily logs)  and
> figure out how to get back to the state I was in before with the new
> code.
>
> About one day or so of work that I would rather not have to do right
> now.

Relax, it took me 5 minutes to convert over geronimo and openejb.  Just
remove the appenders from the plans and the root level attribute from
the Log4j gbean configuration.  Your exiting log4j.xml will continue to
work as it did before.

This change simply reenforces that the log4j.xml (or properties) file
is in charge.

-dain