geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: SVN Branches
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:51:23 GMT

On Nov 4, 2004, at 3:45 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> It is covered in the subversion book http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
>
> Can understand why you would want to branch for security, but I think
> you should keep working on your deployment stuff in the main trunk.

If it's easy to fold back in, why not do in a branch?  There's clearly
a difference of opinion here, one in which both sides feel pretty
strongly.  Out of respect and courtesy, why not do in a branch if the
downside costs of having to bring it back to trunk are so low?

It's rather traditional in some other projects I've been in to
demonstrate contrary ideas in a way that guarantees good exposure to
the community, with little disruption.

geir

geir@gluecode.com