geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: net.sf.cglib.core.CodeGenerationException: what does usually mean
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:29:16 GMT
On Nov 23, 2004, at 10:48 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	We might as well poll to see if anyone's using it, but it just
> seems dangerous to keep around in principle.  I'd rather make people
> implement the interface and have some methods throw an
> UnsupportedOperationException instead of getting some kind of "method
> doesn't exist" error out of CGlib...  It's not clear in that case that
> it's the callee's fault not the caller (or builder's) fault.

I would never go as far as to require the target to implement the
interface, as this creates all sorts of classloader issues, and it does
not allow us to reference gbeans that implement no interfaces.  I was
suggesting that when we create a reference proxy we assure that the
target exposes all of the necessary operations and attributes.

-dain