geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <dblev...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: M3 on Wednesday?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:15:27 GMT
Wednesday is good for me.  More below....

On Nov 8, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	The vote to do a M3 release before ApacheCon was positive.  Now
> the question is when.  I know many of us are travelling on Friday.  I
> suggest we prepare the release on Wednesday, so we have a bit of time
> look it over before anyone hops on a plane.
>
> 	I'm not really looking for another vote, just speak up if you have
> a problem with Wednesday being "the day".
>
> 	Hopefully there won't be any trouble getting a stable build for
> the M3 release, but if there is, we may need to revert some changes and
> ask them to be re-applied after the M3.
>
> 	So my plan is to continue to work on the release notes and, umm,
> last-minute features until Wednesday and then get a stable build and
> capture a "modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" as the
> official M3 and then change it into a tarball and zip instead of a JAR
> and
> sign it and post the release notes and download archives...
> 	David B, if you're bored and want to take charge of this, you're
> more than welcome to.  :)

Here is the filter settings you should use to create the "Unfinished"
section of the changelog:

Project: Apache Geronimo
Fix Version/s: No versions
Affects Version/s: 1.0-M1,1.0-M2
Sorted by:  Key descending

Don't sweat the binary work.  I've got a few hacked up scripts to
tar,zip, md5, sha, pgp, and scp the source and binary distros.

Though after all this is over, I would *love* get your help in
converting them to jelly/maven so it would be easy for any of us to cut
a release.  I'd also like to automate the creation of the changelog.  I
have part of a stylesheet for it, but nothing working.

-David