geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: net.sf.cglib.core.CodeGenerationException: what does usually mean
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:40:53 GMT
On Nov 22, 2004, at 3:38 AM, Srinath Perera wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> Am getting this net.sf.cglib.core.CodeGenerationException:  quite
> regulerly. I know that means something wrong with the GBean I am
> trying to start! but spending long times to find where is the error.

Judging from the stack trace, you have a reference from one gbean to
another and that reference is a java class type (not a interface).  In
geronimo, we always proxy references, which means that we treat the
reference type as an interface.  When a class type is used instead of
an interface, it must have a default no-arg constructor because we
generate a subclass of the reference type, and override all public
methods, effectively making it an interface.

Most of the time it is better to use an interface, but sometimes it is
not possible due to an implementation.

> Is there any way to get more error messages? or  may be should write a
> "Gbean verifier" to  check for the conditions and give better error

There is currently no way to get better (any :) error messages.  A
GBeanInfo verifier would be nice.

-dain