geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: How to updated config.list during offline deployment
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:49:28 GMT
On Nov 4, 2004, at 10:39 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	I'd like to be able to add entries to config.list when the server
> is not running and I'm doing a deployment.  The problem is, the
> configuration list GBean isn't running -- it's not in the minimal set
> started by the deployer.  And even if it was, it would install a
> shutdown
> hook that basically saved an empty file when the deployer finished.
>
> 	Anyone mind if I just have a little logic in the deployer to
> update this file directly?

+1

Can you also try to grab an NIO lock on the file, so we can prevent two
deployers trying to update it at the same time?  Actually, I think the
server should grab a lock on start up, to stop offline deployers
messing with the index while the server is running, since the server
will overwrite it on shutdown.

-dain