geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: How to updated config.list during offline deployment
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 18:49:28 GMT
On Nov 4, 2004, at 10:39 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	I'd like to be able to add entries to config.list when the server
> is not running and I'm doing a deployment.  The problem is, the
> configuration list GBean isn't running -- it's not in the minimal set
> started by the deployer.  And even if it was, it would install a
> shutdown
> hook that basically saved an empty file when the deployer finished.
> 	Anyone mind if I just have a little logic in the deployer to
> update this file directly?

Can you also try to grab an NIO lock on the file, so we can prevent two
deployers trying to update it at the same time?  Actually, I think the
server should grab a lock on start up, to stop offline deployers
messing with the index while the server is running, since the server
will overwrite it on shutdown.

View raw message