geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: Download source behind firewall
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 03:20:40 GMT
Sundaranathan wrote:

>       Can anyone let me know how do i download the source of geronimo. I
> tried using "svn checkout
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk geronimo", but i am not
> able to do it. It gives the following error "svn: Unrecognized URL
> scheme 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk' ". This could
> be because i am behind firewall. Please let me know how do it checkout
> the geronimo source using svn.

Sundar,

The secure URL is for committers only. Try using the non-secure URL:

     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk

The HTTP protocol can easily tunnel through a firewall as long as the
firewall allows it. That's actually a big reason that Subversion uses
URLs over the HTTP protocol. But if you must use a proxy from behind
your firewall, the Subversion client needs to be configured for this.
Please see the following section of the Subversion book that discusses
configuration options for proxy servers:

     http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/svn-book.html#svn-ch-7-sect-1

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print