geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Configurations as Maven Artifacts?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:58:52 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2004, at 10:57 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>> This should also speed up the build as the configurations would be
>> built in-vm by the plugin rather than forking the command-line
>> deployer every time.
>

> Do we have a plugin that can do this today?  I thought our current
> plugin only worked with a running server, which would mean a fork.
> Anyway, it would be very nice if we didn't need to fork.

AIUI the current plugin invokes the JSR-88 code which would expect to
work with an external server - when does that it certainly runs quicker
than the deployments done from assembly's maven.xml.

We would probably need to tweak it a little further so that it could
load both jar and configuration artifacts from the local Maven repo -
basically have both the Repo and ConfigStore impls work against what was
being output during the build process.

It might also be worth developing a new plugin to handle the assembly
steps - creating the server's repo, installing configs, etc. - given
that is currently duplicated in the different projects.

--
Jeremy