geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject Re: How forgiving should we be about jndi component context names?
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:57:19 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> We can't detect this until runtime when the name is looked up.  i think
> printing a warning continually every time someone does a lookup is
> overkill.
> So, I think we have to allow it silently or prohibit it.

It would depend on where in the java: namespace the component's context
is located.

If J2EE mandates that it is in the root, then "java:/comp/env" is a
valid name and we should not throw an exception.

If it does not, then I guess the appserver can bind it to any Context;
assuming it is at the root would be non-portable but should work if that
is where the server binds it.

Given we bind at root, then we should allow this.

View raw message