geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: How to updated config.list during offline deployment
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:55:18 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	If you "deploy" to a server that's not running, then the module
> will be started next time the server starts.  If you "distribute" to a
> server that's not running, then the module will not be started next time
> the server starts.

You mean, you hope that it starts - you would have to look at the server
to see if it actually did. So this has the same "copy-and-pray" utility
as dumping the module in a directory.

I think either you would be checking as you watched the server start
(the --add option) or you would test by pinging the server once it had
started. The latter option here is exactly as hard as just calling "start"

My issue is the ambiguity in the outcome of what you propose.

--
Jeremy