geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: net.sf.cglib.core.CodeGenerationException: what does usually mean
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:33:59 GMT
On Nov 23, 2004, at 10:11 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> It is acceptable for if GBean does not implement all of the interface
>> methods as long as you never call the unimplemented methods.
>
> 	Is that really a "feature"?

I consider it a feature, but that doesn't mean we should keep it.  It
is there so you can adapt older components to gbeans easier.  For
example, if you can create an interface for several components and not
call some of the methods you *know* are not implemented.  The obvious
question is how do you *know*, in 77 they have lots of methods like is
StatisticsProvider.  If the bean is a statics provider then you know
that it has a getStatistics method.  Alternatively, your code could use
the GBeanInfo to figure out what methods are useful.

Anyway, I don't sure anyone is using this feature, so if everyone finds
it is more confusing then, then I vote +1 to remove it.

-dain