geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: online and offline deployment
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:59:25 GMT
On Nov 8, 2004, at 5:29 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2004, at 1:52 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> After reading these two massive emails, I feel no closer to
>> understanding what Jeremy wants to change.  Jeremy, I think it would
>> help me if you could summarize what you propose we do differently
>> from what was voted on the week before last and clarify whether your
>> proposal would be in addition to the solution we voted to do or if it
>> would replace that solution.
>>

> Maybe be could call you on the phone and explain?

I am not sure how taking this offline is going to clarify Jeremy's
technical concerns regarding deployment for the rest of the community?
I think that this discussion would benefit from a more structured
proposal whereby the pros and cons could be discussed openly.  It seems
that the technical discussion of his alternate proposal is likely to
degenerate if there is not a clear list of points that can be
referenced.

-dain