geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Can GBean get its configuration ClassLoader?
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:04:13 GMT

On Nov 18, 2004, at 9:54 PM, Srinath Perera wrote:

> Just two quick question,
> 1) is there anyway one can add/register magic attributes form code or
> plan? (Just for INFO have not find for use case for it yet :) )
no, unless you rewrite the GBeanMBean class.  There's a fairly wide
variety, and a request to add a reference to ServerInfo as a magic
attribute.  If you need another, discuss it: adding one is a moderately
large architectural decision.
> 2) Does GBean constrcters support injecting magic attributes only?
You can inject any persistent attribute, magic attribute, or reference
(collection).  Most gbeans now use constructor dependency injection
only, and the ones that don't are being converted as their classes are
worked on.

I think the normal ordering convention is to put regular persistent
attributes first, then references (and reference collections), then
magic attributes.

Attributes start with lower case letters, References with upper case.

note that magic attributes are NOT persistent, whereas regular
attributes in the constructor must be persistent.

thanks
david jencks