geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is transaction control leaking around the TransactionContextManager?
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 20:54:12 GMT
The TransactionContextManager has a getTransactionManager method that
returns the underlying TransactionManager.  This is used only by
EJBModuleImpl to give the tmDelegate.  I haven't looked but I think
this is used by tranql/cmp.

This seems wrong to me.  I think it could result in the transaction
context being out of synch with the underlying transaction.

Should the ejb module just be using the TransactionContextManager?

Should the TransactionContextManager expose the TransactionManager
interface, and have it work only with ContainerTransactionContext?

Is the reference needed at all?  Is it possible to arrange that all
tx-related info is supplied directly in any calls into tranql?

Have I missed something?

thanks
david jencks