geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@apache.org>
Subject Conceptual problem with security auto-mapping?
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:50:27 GMT
I think there is a conceptual problem with the current auto-mapping
security code.

This should be done at deployment time (soon it will even be possible
for web apps).

However, the realms needed are going to be part of the server
configuration, not the ("static") deployment configuration.  Therefore
they may or may not be started at deployment time.  It looks to me as
if the automapping requires the realm to be running in order to get the
default principal and set of principal classes.

So far I don't see a good solution to this problem.  Ideas?

thanks
david jencks