geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Deployment Status
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 01:32:36 GMT
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 07:48:48PM -0500, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> > So in your off list discussion what features got axed?
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> 	Which is exactly why I'm reporting on the conclusions here.  I
> would appreciate if you don't give me a hard time for doing the right
> thing.  We spent an hour wrangling on the phone, and had we done it on the
> mailing list, it would have taken days or weeks and no doubt degenerated
> into a flame war.
>
> 	As for the second half of that question, more extensive offline
> deployment features got axed (start, stop, deploy [as opposed to
> distribute], etc.).

Yes, but 8 people voted +1 to the proposed deployer so, flame war or
not, this is discussion everyone should be able to participate in.

Jeremy has an obligation Dims, Bruce, Dain, Hiram, James, Jailton,
myself, you and the community to vote if he disagrees.  Otherwise we
proceed with what was voted upon regardless of who implements it.

-David