geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Weird build errors on SuSE 9.2
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2004 19:41:06 GMT
	Now I'm having trouble under 1.5 too, on my laptop.

	Looking at a thread dump, it seems like the SO_TIMEOUT is ignored,
and also interrupting a thread in a ServerSocketChannel blocking accept
doesn't have any effect at all.

Aaron

-- This class hangs when run:

public class Temp {
        try {
            ServerSocketChannel ssc  = ServerSocketChannel.open();
            ssc.socket().bind(new InetSocketAddress(InetAddress.getLocalHost(), 2010),50);
            ssc.socket().setSoTimeout(5000);
            System.out.println("accepting...");
            ssc.accept();
        } catch (IOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        System.out.println("Finished");
    }
}

-- A similar test with only a ServerSocket runs fine.