geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Weird build errors on SuSE 9.2
Date Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:59:04 GMT
	FYI, I have upgraded my Linux machines to SuSE 9.2 (SuSE kernel
2.6.8-24.3).  On one of them, with JDK 1.4, during an m:rebuild-all, I got
a JDK crash in an NIO accept() in the unit tests in our remoting stuff.
I got that a few times in a row, then a while later got a test failure
instead (with an address in use during bind) also in the remoting tests.
I tried JDK 1.4.2_05 and _06 and both had the problem.  On another machine
with the same distro/kernel, JMXRemotingTest hangs (both sides of the asyc
conversation seem to be blocked on read).

	In any of these cases JDK 1.5 seems fine, so I'm guess there is
some sort of kernel compatibility problem with 1.4 NIO networking going
on.

Aaron