geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject RE: Geronimo Schema Versioning
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:33:36 GMT
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> I think I have a scenario were your proposal about the schema version
> attribute will not hold up.  Let's say that we've added some wizbang
> feature to http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming_1_1.  Now, I want to
> deploy this new feature in my web app:
>
> <web-app
>     xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty_1_0"
>     xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming_1_1"
>     configId="..."  parentId="..."
>     version="1.?">

	I don't think I like the "version=X" attribute.  I think having a
version number in the schema is good enough.  If you're deploying a web
app 2.4 schema with a Geronimo Jetty 1.0 deployment descriptor, I think we
have all the information we need, and in the example above, having
*three* version numbers in the header certainly doesn't make things any
clearer (or further narrow down exactly which schema files we're
targeting).

Aaron